Businesses are more active than ever when it comes to messaging their customers. Texting and emailing them throughout the customer journey has become the new norm.
Sending direct messages to your customers is a great way to keep them engaged with your brand and makes them more likely to return.
This is especially important after they make their purchase. Having a strong thank you note for new and returning customers is an easy way to build customer loyalty.
Why Customer Thank You Messages and Notes Matter
Sending a thank you note to your customer is a great way to make them feel appreciated after their purchase.
A nice “Thank You” gives them a sense that your company cares about their business and wants them to have a positive experience with your brand even after the transaction is complete.
When your customers have a generally positive experience before and after their purchase, not only are they more likely to buy again, but they are also more likely to recommend your brand to a friend.
Customer Thank You Message Best Practices
Sending a thank you note is a valuable, often overlooked, step in the customer journey.
When communicating, there are some best practices you should be following to ensure customer satisfaction:
- Be positive. Make sure your customer feels appreciated and knows how happy you are to have their patronage.
- Get feedback. Include a link to your customer experience survey to solicit feedback.
- Provide support. Link to customer service or provide the phone numbers to ensure your customers are taken care of if any issues arise.
- Don’t try to upsell. The thank you note should be just that, a thank you.
- Make it professional. Keep your message formal when needed, but make sure you express your brand's personality as well!
- Show appreciation. Let them know how much their business means to you.
- Keep it brief. Write clearly and concisely.
The 25 Best Business Thank You Messages and Notes for Customer Appreciation
- Thank you for your purchase from [company name]. Please let us know if we can do anything else for you!
- On behalf of [company name], we wanted to say thank you for your purchase. We’re so lucky to have customers like you!
- Thank you for your support. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again.
- Thank you for being our valued customer. We are so grateful and hope we met your expectations. [insert link to customer satisfaction survey]
- We know the world is full of choices. Thank you for choosing us!
- Thank you for being our loyal customer. We have enclosed a coupon for your next order— [Insert Link or Coupon Code]
- Thanks for shopping at [company name]. We hope to have the pleasure of doing business with you in the future.
- Thank you. We hope your experience was excellent and we can’t wait to see you again soon. [insert link to customer satisfaction survey]
- We hope you are happy with your purchase! Thank you for being a valued [company name] customer.
- Thank you for doing business with us! We look forward to working with you again.
- Thank you for making your first purchase with [company name]! We’re so glad that you found what you were looking for. Please let us know how we did. [insert link to customer satisfaction survey]
- Thank you for your order on [date]. We look forward to doing business with you again!
- Thank you for your valued business. We value your trust and confidence in us and sincerely appreciate you!
- Your commitment as a customer is much appreciated. We look forward to serving you again in the future!
- [company name] would like to thank excellent customers like you for your support. We couldn’t do it without you!
- Thank you for your business, your trust, and your confidence. It is our pleasure to work with you.
- Thank you for your recent purchase of [product]. We here at [company] are grateful for your patronage and look forward to serving you in the future.
- Thank you for shopping with us! We take pride in your business.
- Thank you for choosing us! We appreciate the opportunity to serve you.
- We take pride in your business with us. Thank you!
- Thank you for making us your first choice, or at least your final choice!
- We at [company name] genuinely appreciate your business, and we’re grateful for the trust you’ve placed in us. We hope you are satisfied with your purchase.
- Thank you for putting your trust and confidence in our company. We won’t settle for less than the best for you!
- Thank you for your purchase! Every customer matters to us, please let us know how we did. [link to customer survey]
- Congratulations on your recent purchase! It has been our pleasure to serve you, and we hope we see you again soon.
The Best Ways to Send Thank You Messages
Now that you know the value of sending your customer’s thank you notes and have an idea of what you want to say and how you want to say it, you need to decide how to actually get your message to your customer.
Sending an email to your customer after their purchase is the most common way to get in touch with them to send a thank you message.
However, since email is the most common way businesses send thank you’s, it can be perceived as cold and impersonal by the customer because they receive similar emails regularly.
Tip: When using emails you face the risk of not standing out against your competitors.
Sending a physical note is the most personal way to get in touch with your customers and is a great way to stand out, but it is also the most time consuming and expensive option.
Many customers may also throw away your package altogether if your thank you gets lost with other advertising and junk mail.
Tip: If you decide to send a physical message, make sure the note is differentiated with your packaging and increase the likelihood of it being opened.
Texting is quickly becoming the primary form of communication between company and customer. In fact, 85% percent of customers have expressed that texting is how they prefer to receive messages.
Avochato offers you an easy way to send your customers thank you messages at the end of their customer journey. Plus, our platform allows you to easily save and reuse any of the templates above to make sure your messaging is consistent, concise and exactly what you want.
Although you will be using a template, your customers will still receive their text messages directly in their phone inbox and will have a much more personable experience over receiving an email.
Texting is much cheaper and efficient than sending physical notes, but still has a personalized feel that your customers will love.
Get in touch with us!
If you want to learn more about Avochato’s texting platform and how you can begin sending your customers thank you text messages, get in touch with our team today!