To maximize the results of your marketing and customer support efforts you need a simple and effective way to automate text messaging. Here are some ways text message templates can help you grow your business and boost customer engagement with your brand.
Schedule and Send Personalized Reminders and Notifications
By using text message templates, you can send out personalized reminders to customers by automating them ahead of time. This way, you’re able to effectively reduce unnecessary delays, missed appointments, and human errors by scheduling reminder notifications as soon as a prospective customer books an appointment.
Effectively reduce unnecessary delays, missed appointments, and human errors by scheduling reminder notifications.
Instead of sending out the same SMS message to each recipient, you can customize your text message template to include the customer’s name in the message. Additionally, you can add other personal details such as their business name, job role, or the address of your closest store to their location – depending on the type of reminder or notification you’re sending.
Leverage Upselling and Cross-Selling Opportunities
Another way text message templates can help you maximize the results of your marketing efforts is by letting you upsell and cross-sell to existing customers.
For instance, when a customer places an order for a product, you can recommend similar items to them that are typically bought together by other buyers. This is cross-selling.
Similarly, if a customer signs up for monthly access to your service, you can tell them about the additional features they’ll get if they sign up for the yearly access package. This way, you’ll be able to sell a more expensive service to the same customer. This is an example of upselling.
Here are some actionable tips on how you can leverage upselling and cross-selling opportunities:
- Personalize your message with the customer’s name, their last purchase, and the pricing plan that best fits their needs. Avochato’s Message Templates feature lets you easily create custom-tailored messages to automatically send upselling and cross-selling messages to your customers.
- Use text messaging along with upsell and cross-sell offers to initiate a two-way communication channel with your audience and increase brand engagement.
- Share videos and GIFs to encourage customers to visit your sales page. Avochato’s Multimedia Messages feature enables you to send and receive photos, videos, and file attachments.
Ask Customers for Feedback
Text message templates customized for different scenarios enable you to automate feedback collection from your customers. These responses can be as brief as a word or a number to rate the quality of your services.
For instance, after a purchase you can ask customers to give feedback about their shopping experience. You could ask them to respond with a number (from 1 to 5) or with a thumbs up (or thumbs down) emoji.
Here are some actionable tips on how to use text message templates to solicit feedback:
- Make it easy (and fun) for customers to provide feedback. Avochato’s Automated Surveys feature allows you to create customized surveys and polls that can be used to collect customer feedback and responses.
- Let customers rate your services anonymously. This way, they’ll feel more comfortable in providing honest feedback.
Avochato’s Automated Surveys feature allows you to create customized surveys and polls that can be used to collect customer feedback and responses.
Respond to FAQs and Customer Queries
Customized text message templates make it easy to provide quick responses to customer queries and answer FAQs. For example, if customers generally text your business asking about pricing information, you could create a text message template that addresses the most common FAQs related to pricing.
Provide quick responses to customer queries and answer FAQs.
Here are some actionable tips on how you can use text message templates to respond to FAQs and customer queries:
- Make sure that customer queries are routed to the right department. Avochato’s Assignable Conversations feature lets you automatically route incoming texts and allows you to manually re-assign them to the correct customer support personnel.
- Set up triggers for keywords to automatically respond to customer queries. Avochato’s Keyword-Activated Responses feature allows you to assign keywords to a number of frequent questions and their solutions. This way, when an incoming text messages matches that keyword, the relevant response will be sent to the customer.
- Respond to FAQs outside business hours using Avochato’s Office Hours feature. It enables you to receive SMS messages and automatically send customized responses to your customers.