Text message templates help you automate customer communication while allowing you to add a personal touch to your messages. By using message templates in your SMS marketing strategy, you’ll be able to offer improved customer experiences in a simple and cost-effective way.
For those unfamiliar, text message templates are simply text messages that you’ve written ahead of time. Generally speaking, they’re written and scheduled to be sent based on some sort of trigger.
For instance, a business might create text message templates for responding to frequently asked customer questions or sending out promotional messages.
Here are the different types of text message templates used by businesses:
- Scheduled messages. These text message templates are mostly used to save time. They enable businesses to organize and plan out their events, promotions, and campaigns and make sure customers receive the right message at the right time.
- Auto-responders. They help drive audience engagement and allow businesses to automate their customer service and promotional campaigns. They can also be used to route new leads as well as existing customers to your website.
- Custom (or personalized) messages. Customized text message templates allow you to increase productivity and boost engagement by sending customers personalized text messages.
One key benefit of using text message templates is that you don’t have to be on-site to send messages. Instead, you can run your text messaging platform from just about anywhere. For instance, if you want to send out promotional texts for a sales event, you can simply craft and schedule customized text message templates to be sent a week before the event.
Similarly, let’s say you’re an e-commerce store owner. Using keywords, you’ll be able to instantly reach back to people who express interest in your products. For instance, if a customer asks about product prices or specs, you can send them a pre-programmed text message in response.
Here are some actionable tips on how you can schedule and send personalized reminders and notifications:
- Include the customer’s name in the message to deliver personalized customer experiences. Avochato’s Message Templates feature allows you to quickly create perfect responses to customer questions and send personalized messages to answer FAQs instantly.
- Create reminder notifications and send them out at a predetermined time and date. Avochato’s Schedule Texts feature allows you to get your timing right and gives you control over when (and how many times) you send out reminders.
- Segment contacts based on their behavior and interactions. Avochato’s Tags feature enables you to label contacts automatically (or manually) and easily find, manage, and run marketing campaigns.
Now that we have a better understanding of what text message templates are, we recommend checking out some ways to use them for your business in this post.